The proceeds raised under the Nomination Rights scheme are exclusively reserved for the funding of capital projects.
Individual Nomination Rights (INRs)
Are available for purchase by parents.
Application for Individual Nomination Rights for Year 1 (children born in 2018) and Year 7 (children born in 2012) will commence on 2 September 2022 (Friday).
Application for INR for other year groups can be submitted throughout the year.
Please click here for details.
Corporate Nomination Rights (CNRs)
Are available for purchase by companies.
Click here to find out about ESF Corporate Nomination Rights.
- Priced at HK$400,000 per Discovery College (DC) Individual Nomination Right.
- INR Nominees gain priority for admission (after Corporate Nominees, children of full-time staff and siblings of students attending an ESF primary or secondary school/PIS).
- The INR entitles the holder to a one time nomination of one child for a place at Discovery College.
- The Non-refundable Building Levy (NBL) payment is still applicable to the children joining Discovery College under the scheme.
- INR deposit of HK$50,000 is only refundable if a child is unsuccessful at interview.
- The remaining balance of HK$350,000 is payable immediately when the place is accepted.
- Sibling rights apply once the first child is enrolled into and attending Discovery College.
- Application may be made to any year group, with a small number of places being reserved for Year 1.
- Applications will be considered in strict order of receipt.
- The INR applicant may indicate up to 3 schools in order of preference at which the Nominee can be considered. Waitlist placement will be considered for each school listed in turn. The schools identified in respect of any Nominee can only be changed with the consent of ESF.
- If all available Individual Nomination Rights for selected school(s) are taken, application and deposit cheque will be returned and name and contact details placed on the central interest list for the first choice school. Interest list applicants will be contacted if and when an INR becomes available.
- Confirmation of INR interview priority is dependent on the clearance of the deposit cheque.
- The offer of a place will be conditional on passing the English proficiency test/interview held at Discovery College. The final decision whether to offer a place rests with Discovery College.
- INR Nominees from overseas must have been studying in an English medium school or kindergarten for a minimum of two years prior to application.
- The INR fee is not set against school tuition.
- The INR fee is forfeited if the student withdraws after an Individual Nomination Right has been issued.
- A child joining in Year 6 will have a guarantee of Year 7 place at Discovery College.
- As there is a different admission process for allocation of ESF Learning Support Centre places and entry to Jockey Club Sarah Roe School, children with special educational needs are not eligible for nomination through the Nomination Rights scheme.
About Discovery College Individual Nomination Rights Schemes
- If I plan to apply for an Individual Nomination Right, do I need to complete an online application form?
Yes. Applicants will need to complete an online application form and also an Individual Nomination Rights Scheme — Register online, which is available for download from the ESF website. The INR application and cheque is submitted in hard copy to ESF Centre.
- When can I make an INR application and where do I submit the form?
INR applications may be made at any time. Exceptionally, INR applications for Year 1 entry in August 2023, can only be made on or after 2 September 2022. All Nomination Rights applications will be handled by the ESF Centre.
Click here for details and the application form.
- In what order are the NR applications processed?
INR applications are processed according to the date and time when the application form, together with the deposit of HK$50,000, is received at the ESF Centre.
- How are the INR Nominees prioritised for admissions into ESF schools?
INR nominees are the fourth priority after Corporate NR nominees, staff’s children and siblings of ESF students.
- Can a company apply for a Nomination Right?
No. The nominee has to be a named individual on the application form. The INR holder must be a parent of the nominee. However, a company can apply for a Corporate Nomination Right.
- How many INR places will be available?
As a series of 300 INRs, applications may be made to any year group. In any academic year, with a maximum of 30 places being reserved for Year 1 Central Applications.
- Is the HK$50,000 deposit refundable?
The HK$50,000 deposit is refundable only if the child fails the admissions assessment.
- When is the HK$350,000 balance due?
If the child passes the assessment, the HK$350,000 must be paid when the place is accepted.
- Is the HK$400,000 refundable or transferable?
No, the HK$400,000 is for a named individual and is non-transferable and non-refundable once paid for a confirmed place.
- Is placement guaranteed for INR Nominees?
Placement is subject to success at interview/assessment and place availability. Priority is accorded to waitlist placement and consequent timing of consideration for interview/assessment.
- Can I choose the school where I apply for an INR?
Yes, placement is subject to availability at the school and a commitment to remain at the school for a defined period. INR applicants may indicate up to three schools in order of preference at which the Nominee can be considered. Waitlist placement will be considered for each school listed in turn. Nominees must be prepared to attend any of the schools indicated. Transfer is possible after a period of time, but it is applicable only if the family resides in the school zone. Nominees must undertake to make their own travel arrangements if living outside the area covered by the school bus service.
- What kind of admissions interview/assessment do INR applicants need to go through? How will an overseas family be assessed?
As all other applicants, the INR Nominees will go through the standard interview assessment procedures.
- How much in total do I need to pay if my child is finally enrolled to Discovery College via the INR process?
After confirmation of a school place, INR applicants will have to pay the INR balance of HK$350,000 and the admissions deposit equivalent to two months tuition fees.
- The HK$50,000 deposit is refundable only if the child fails the admissions interview. What about if the child does not show up for the interview, or they give up the place after paying the deposit?
There will not be any refund in these cases.