The proceeds raised under the Nomination Rights scheme are exclusively reserved for the funding of capital projects.
Individual Nomination Rights (INRs)
Are available for purchase by parents.
Application for Individual Nomination Rights for Year 1 (children born in 2019) and Year 7 (children born in 2013) will commence on 1 September 2023.
Application for INR for other year groups can be submitted throughout the year.
Please click here for details.
Corporate Nomination Rights (CNRs)
Are available for purchase by companies.
Click here to find out about ESF Corporate Nomination Rights.
- Priced at HK$400,000 per Discovery College (DC) Individual Nomination Right.
- INR nominees are the fifth priority after Corporate NR nominees, staff’s children and siblings of ESF students.
- The INR entitles the holder to a one time nomination of one child for a place at Discovery College.
- The Non-refundable Building Levy (NBL) payment is still applicable to the children joining Discovery College under the scheme.
- INR deposit of HK$50,000 is only refundable if a child is unsuccessful at interview.
- The remaining balance of HK$350,000 is payable immediately when the place is accepted.
- Sibling rights apply once the first child is enrolled into and attending Discovery College.
- Application may be made to any year group, with a small number of places being reserved for Year 1.
- Applications will be considered in strict order of receipt.
- The INR applicant may indicate up to 3 schools in order of preference at which the Nominee can be considered. Waitlist placement will be considered for each school listed in turn. The schools identified in respect of any Nominee can only be changed with the consent of ESF.
- If all available Individual Nomination Rights for selected school(s) are taken, application and deposit cheque will be returned and name and contact details placed on the central interest list for the first choice school. Interest list applicants will be contacted if and when an INR becomes available.
- Confirmation of INR interview priority is dependent on the clearance of the deposit cheque.
- The offer of a place will be conditional on passing the English proficiency test/interview held at Discovery College. The final decision whether to offer a place rests with Discovery College.
- INR Nominees from overseas must have been studying in an English medium school or kindergarten for a minimum of two years prior to application.
- The INR fee is not set against school tuition.
- The INR fee is forfeited if the student withdraws after an Individual Nomination Right has been issued.
- A child joining in Year 6 will have a guarantee of Year 7 place at Discovery College.
Applicants will need to complete an online application form and also an Individual Nomination Rights Scheme — Register online, which is available for download from the ESF website. The INR application and cheque is submitted in hard copy to ESF Centre.
INR applications may be made at any time. Exceptionally, INR applications for Year 1 entry in August 2024, can only be made on or after 1 September 2023. All Nomination Rights applications will be handled by the ESF Centre.
Click here for details and the application form.