Sport plays a central role in the extra-curricular life of Discovery College and provides every student with the opportunity to develop to the very best of their physical ability. Every student should be able to practice their sporting interests, which helps develop healthy, active lifestyles and social interaction.
- Be Internationally Minded: Encourage a passion for a wide range of sporting activities from various cultures around the world
- Be Agentic: Create an environment for all students to reach their sporting potential
- Take Principled Action: Nurture sportsmanship in all aspects of competition
- Flourish: Provide sporting opportunities for all participation levels by enhancing physical, emotional and social wellbeing.
- Achieve Highly: Provide an opportunity for sporting excellence in a variety of sports
The Cobra Sports programme follows the HKPSSA, ISSFHK and ACAMIS Sports seasons in order to provide regular, high quality fixtures for students of varying abilities. We aim to provide every sport with a minimum of one training session per week and fixtures during their sports season. Each team is also allocated a dedicated training space and sports coach.
Cobra Sports Overview 2022-23
Discovery College has a thriving sports programme called Cobra Sports and league fixtures are played during the week, with numerous tournaments scheduled throughout the year. The College also offers a wide range of early morning, lunchtime and after school sports clubs that students can opt to participate in to further their sporting experience. Additionally, there are overseas sports tours during the academic year, which will provide our students with new sporting opportunities and challenges.
In order to ensure that both students and parents alike are able to keep abreast of the number of clubs and fixtures on offer throughout our busy sports schedule, we have a weekly Sports Bulletin that is sent out on our weekly Explorer Newsletter to parents.
Fixtures and Results
Specific information regarding fixtures, league fixtures, results and standings can be accessed by visiting our sports website here.
Cobra Sports kit
All Cobra Sports teams wear their cobra sports kit to training, fixtures and tournaments. To purchase your Cobra Sports kit please click here and use the password: cobrasports