Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS)
The FAS is accessible to students of ESF Schools and Private Independent Schools (PIS):
- who have encountered sudden and unexpected changes of circumstances within the last 12 months.
- following the death of a parent, tuition fees relief for 3 months will be granted.
- In the absence of “sudden and unexpected” change of circumstances, financial assistance will be considered provided that:
- the family has 2 or more students currently studying in ESF schools, and
- one of whom has been studying in an ESF school continuously for 5 years or more, and
- the family has good tuition fees payment history, and
- the family’s income and assets level pass the means test
For Discovery College families, the funding is provided through the College’s Scholarship Fund. Financial assistance is not normally granted in the first year of admission. The scheme is intended to ease parent’s financial difficulties regarding school fees and, if approved, will make no reference to the academic achievement that a student has to attain.
Please note that the annual Non-refundable Building Levy (NBL) is included in the means tests as part of compulsory school fees.