Assessment & Feedback
Assessment of learning is carried out using a variety of strategies. Throughout a unit of work, students can expect to:
- Complete traditional pen and paper tests
- Give presentations (in groups or individually)
- Submit essays (written in class or at home)
- Complete research projects
- Participate in dramatic, speech and musical performances
- Contribute to online forums
- Create visual displays
- Participate in artistic exhibitions
- Record podcasts
- Create short films.
All overall subject grades are marked using the IB’s 1-7 scale, where 7 is the highest and 1 the lowest. The Personal Project is also marked using the 1-7 scale.
Further information on MYP assessment for parents is available in this presentation: Assessment in the MYP parent presentation.