Success at Discovery College is about ensuring that learning is visible for both our learners and teachers.
Key elements of visible learning for our students include:
- Being able to articulate/explain their learning intention/goal (What)
- Understanding the progression of learning and where they are in relation to the goal (Where)
- Understanding how to make further progress, and in which aspects of their learning (Next steps)
- Being part of the process of unit design and reflection (student involvement).
Key elements of visible learning for our teachers include:
- Using Learning Intentions & success criteria, which are clear, visible and understood by all students, at all times
- Involving students in the act of unit design and reflection
- Providing powerful feedback which addresses how students can make further progress; involve students in the creation and processing of this feedback
- Understanding and utilising the factors that research tells us makes the greatest difference to students learning and achievement
- Using a range of evidence to know the impact of their teaching strategies on student learning.